Our Shanghai Sweetie
Once you finish soaking up all that sweetness,
could you please do us a favor
From a previous update we were told
that Mackenzie is
"the active one in her group".
There is no doubt that Soleil will have
a perfect partner in crime!
Take a look at Mackenzie's left ankle.
From conversations I have had with other parents
whose children were also adopted from Shanghai,
the string around her ankle
is more than likely to tie her to her crib.
Perhaps this is to keep the children safe from
falling out of their cribs, but the thought
of my daughter being tied up
breaks my heart.
1. Has Nian Shu had any illnesses lately?
She caught a cold a few days ago, runny nose. She gets cold easily. Usually when she has same layers of clothes with other children, other kids are fine, but she catches a cold. So usually nannies put more clothes on for her. But still she caught a cold.
2. What is the best way to comfort Nian Shu when she is upset?
Just give her some snacks and she will be fine.
3. What size clothing is Qiu Yan wearing now?
Because sizes are all different here, we don’t really look by sizes, we look her height. She is wearing clothes for 90cm.
4. Who are Nian Shu's friends?
Her closest friends are: Zheng Hui Jun, Xu Jia Li, Sun Ding Hong.
5. What types of food does Nian Shu like to eat?
She has good appetite. She especially likes some snacks that they usually don’t get, such as chocolate, crackers, etc.
6. What are Nian Shu¡¯s favorite activities to do throughout the day?
Time for free activities.
“Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds
– his name is the LORD – and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless,
a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.
God sets the lonely in families (Psalm 68:4-6a).