Once Upon A Prayer

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Papa's Perspective

As our trip to China gets closer, my emotions change everyday.  This week, a friend who adopted a child from the same orphanage Mackenzie is in picked up their little girl.  She got to meet Mackenzie, see her nanny, and take pictures and videos of Mackenzie for us.  I spent a lot of time this week just staring at those photos.  Through the tears I prayed for her.  My mind can’t help but wonder constantly about what’s in store for her – and what’s in store for us.  And Lily – her pictures are on our fridge and on the wall in my office. The closer we get to bringing her home, the harder it is to concentrate on chores and responsibilities.  May can’t come quick enough.  

I don’t doubt for a moment that our heavenly Dad feels exactly the same way about all of his children who are still far from Him.  I bet he aches for them.  I bet he longs for the moment his children turn from their selfish ways and embrace the life He has for them.  Jesus told stories about how God is waiting to run towards his children who want to be restored to their heavenly Father.  He described parties that went on in Heaven when one lost child came home. The scriptures are clear that our “God wants all men to be saved and come to knowledge of their Father” (1st Timothy 2:4).    

Thank you God – my Father, for making my adoption possible through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Peace and Goodwill,
Jacques

Mackenzie Ty & her Ayi (nanny)
Lily Grace

1 comment: