Once Upon A Prayer

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Reflections from Papa

As we get closer and closer to going to China, I spend more and more time each day wondering what our girls will be like.  I wonder what kind of things will make them laugh.  I wonder what their favorite American foods will be.  I wonder what they will think of Moose (I am sure they will be scared to death at first).  I wonder what it will feel like watching them play with Dryden and Soleil for the first time.  I wonder what it will feel like the first time I hear Lily or Mackenzie call me Papa!

Do you remember the first time you realized God was your father?  Do you remember the first time you called him “Dad”?  What would your life look like if He hadn’t adopted you?  I love what  Paul said about our adoption. “Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children” (Romans 8:14-16).  Take some time today and wonder about what it will be like when you’re adopted Father brings you home forever – in paradise!

Peace and Goodwill,
Jacques



No comments:

Post a Comment