Once Upon A Prayer

Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Cookies

Tonight I was at home baking my cookies.  Pretty much anyone who knows me well has had some of “my cookies”.  The truth is that they really aren’t “my cookies” after all.  My mom handed down the recipe to me, as well as the specific art, patience, and love that need to go into them.  The cookies are very tempermental, and most people who I have given the recipe to cannot duplicate it.  The cookies require a specific flour, specific butter (softened just so), specific sugar, specific chocolate chips, and a lot of muscles to mix the batter.  If all of the planets do not align perfectly, the cookies do not turn out.  Basically, the cookies are a lot like me...STUBBORN, or as my mom likes to call it, “strong willed”!

So, as I was taking out the second batch of cookies from the oven Jacques walked in the door from Golfing and blurted out, “Let’s go for it”.  I questioned what he was talking about, and he explained that he felt that we should submit a letter of intent to China to bring home Nianshu.  I was instantly overcome with excitement and happiness.  We finally had a face to go along with all of our love.  I was overjoyed to hear that Jacques felt that Nianshu was our daughter, since as I mentioned before, I was in love since the moment I saw her precious face.

However, at the same time that I was rejoicing I also felt heartbroken that Juliana would continue to sit on this other agency’s list while family after family turn her down because she is labeled “terminal”. 

Life is so unfair in so many  ways.    

Notice something missing?

It's a good thing she is so stinkin' cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment