Once Upon A Prayer

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Gift of Life

Today is my 33rd birthday!  We decided to send a care package to Nianshu today to let her know that she has a family, and that we love her so much.  We used a service called “Lady Bugs and Love”.  I am excited to hear from the woman, Angela, who will put together our care package and send it to Nianshu at the orphanage.

As usual, Jacques and the girls spoiled me rotten on my birthday.  But the best part of my day came when I opened up my very last present from Jacques.  Jacques loves giving gifts, and he always saves the best gift for last.  I slowly unwrapped the present, and opened the box to find a card inside.  When I opened the card, Jacques wrote that he wanted to “Double our pleasure and double our fun” by bringing home Juliana too.  Jacques has been on board all along to bring home Juliana, but this was his way of saying that he gave me his 100% support to pull out all of the stops and start fighting to bring Juliana home. 

I guess you can say that Jacques gave me the gift of life for my birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment