Once Upon A Prayer

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I don't ever want to forget...

This has been a very hard week for me.  

When we sent our dossier to China we included a letter from Lily's pediatric cardiologist who strongly urged them to expedite our paperwork for medical reasons.  Lily needed her third open heart surgery back in July.  We are now nearing February and our little girl still struggles to breathe everyday with her O2 levels in the 50's.  

Much to our surprise and great joy, we received confirmation 
that China  had logged in our dossier, translated it, 
and moved the paperwork  to "in process" 
in only 14 days.  

Amazing!

We thought for sure the Chinese officials saw the desperate plea through the doctor's words and therefore had granted us a medical expedite.  Within 30 days, a family who is expediting for medical reasons "should" receive their LOA.  The Letter Of Acceptance is your golden ticket to proceed and send all of your documents for step two of the US Immigration process.  

Today is day 40 of our LOA wait.  

This week is also the Chinese New Year,
and China has shutdown to celebrate.   

I don't ever want to forget...
the sinking feel I felt when I received word from our adoption agency that the DHL package that arrived to them on Monday did not contain our LOA's.

I don't ever want to forget...
crying myself to sleep for the umpteenth time since we started on this adoption journey.

I don't ever want to forget...
the desperate longing and desire that I have to 
just...get...my...babies...HOME!

I don't ever want to forget any of these emotions
because when the girls are old enough to understand,
I want to vividly describe to them how much they are:

Desired
Cherished
Wanted
Needed
Treasured
Valued
Adored
&
LOVED.

All of those things before I have ever even held them in my arms.

Never once have I forgotten that God has ordained the exact moment
that the girls will be in our arms forever.

And it will be absolutely perfect!

Sweet Mackenzie Ty

Precious Lily Grace

4 comments:

  1. *hugs* I can't wait until they're home with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - If I could turn the paperwork that arrived in that packet into your LOA's I would, even though it would mean delaying my TA. I'm so sorry that our stuff didn't come together. I hope you are the very first file they work on! Lot's of prayers for your baby girls' precious heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my they are gorgeous. Hurry paperwork HURRY! Mama needs her babies home!

    ReplyDelete