Once Upon A Prayer

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gaungzhou

After a few short hours of sleep, I anxiously jumped out of bed this morning because I would FINALLY get the opportunity to hold my precious Lily in my arms.  For those of you who have followed our adoption journey from the beginning, you know what this moment must have been like for me!  For those of you who are new here, you have got to go back to the beginning and see how God brought Lily to us, and how Jacques and I absolutely KNEW that this darling child was our daughter from the moment we read her medical reports that classify her as "terminal".

We quickly ate breakfast since our guide and driver were coming to take us to the girl's medical exams.  Then we were off to the clinic.  I'm not gonna lie when I say that I was so nervous about what the condition of the clinic would be like.  Much to my pleasure, the clinic was super nice and clean.  Better than most pediatrician offices I have been to in the USA...phew!
 
On our way to the medical exams

The medical Clinic

First up, the amazing Lily Grace...

This girl is a ham!!!!

And this is just the beginning to our journey 
of mending Lily's broken heart

Lily is such a tiny little thing too!

Followed by the Magnificent Mackenzie...
Lily told her "howla howla jie jie"(It's ok, big sister),
I couldn't help but cry.

We didn't get any photos of the TB test shots because we were both hunkered down, and expecting the worst...with Dum Dum lollipops waiting in the wings.  Much to our delight, Mackenzie only let out one small whimper, and Lily didn't even flinch.  

These two blow me away!!!!

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment