Once Upon A Prayer

Monday, December 16, 2013

Youre Grace Abounds in Deepest Waters

Lily Grace and I have had a lot of special moments together over the past month of this hospitalization.  Anyone who knows Lily will agree that she is an old soul.  A child wise well beyond her four years.  Lily is often asked how many brothers and sisters she has.  She always responds four.  Once I made the mistake of correcting her, and she went on to name them all...including Addy Hope.  Lily talks about "our baby" all of the time, and tells me that she cannot wait to hold her baby sister in heaven. 

Jacques and I brought Dryden and Soleil to the funeral home to meet their baby sister the afternoon after she was born.  They were both adamant that they needed to see her and touch her.  At the time we felt that Mackenzie and Lily were too young to grasp the concept of what had transpired the day before.  Hindsight is 20/20, and I now believe that this decision has left a lot of loose ends for Lily. 

Lily loves when I put photographs to music, and she could not understand why I haven't done this yet for Addy Hope.  This video, is a joint effort between Lily and I.  Together, we tried to memorialize the 39 weeks Addy spent with us here on earth. 

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you
When you go through rivers of difficulty
you will not drown.

When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

For I am the Lord, your God.
Isiah 43 2-3



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heart! What a beautiful testimony to a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Lilly what a beautiful tribute to your sister!

    ReplyDelete